More than 90% of GE’s sales of military products and services are through GE’s Aviation business, although GE Energy Connections, GE Oil & Gas, GE Healthcare and GE Power also sell limited military products and services. GE’s military products consist of components or subsystems of primary systems, including:
- Engines and propellers for propulsion of military aircraft and engines for military vessels;
- Flight actuation, flight control, and mission and flight management systems for military aircraft;
- Power generation, distribution and conversion for military aircraft and vessels;
- Aero structures for military aircraft;
- Gears and other transmission components for military aircraft and vessels; and
- Non-explosive components and parts for weapons systems.
The military aircraft and vessels supported by GE perform important national security, search-and-rescue, and humanitarian missions. GE does not manufacture, assemble, sell or service cluster bombs, land mines or nuclear weapons, or component parts of cluster bombs, land mines or nuclear weapons.
GE Global Research is engaged in research and development associated with military healthcare, aviation, power systems and electronics.
GE sales of military products and services are made either directly to the U.S. Department of Defense or to a foreign government’s military agency, or indirectly to the U.S. Department of Defense and foreign militaries through another commercial entity (i.e., with GE as a subcontractor).
GE complies with all U.S. export control laws that govern the sale of military products and services, including the Arms Control Export Act, as well as with all U.S. Departments of State and Commerce regulations governing these sales. GE also complies with the applicable export control laws in other countries from which it exports military equipment, and can only deliver to customers when the sales are consistent with those laws. Each GE business reviews its sales of military products and services, including sales to any foreign military customer, to ensure that any sale comports with these requirements.